The Abacus team provides the following range of legal services as part of its legal activities:
- Advice on the selection of the optimal legal form for conducting business in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Supporting the establishment of legal entities (including joint ventures), including drafting charters and corporate agreements, as well as ensuring state registration of the legal entity;
- Supporting the establishment of legal entities (including joint ventures), including drafting charters and corporate agreements, and ensuring state registration of the legal entity;
- Support in establishing branches, opening representative offices, and registration of permanent establishments of foreign legal entities in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Due diligence of legal entities in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Comprehensive support of transactions of sale/purchase of shares/interests in legal entities, including transaction structuring, preparation of sale/purchase agreements and other transaction documents, and preliminary approval by the antimonopoly authority;
- Drafting internal documents regulating the activities of management bodies of legal entities;
- Drafting corporate contracts and shareholders' agreements.
BANKING AND FINANCIAL LAW, FINTECH:
- Legal advice on banking and currency regulation issues;
- Legal support for lending;
- Acquisition financing and corporate lending;
- Islamic finance;
- Advised on bond issues in the debt capital markets;
- Advising on legal issues in microfinance;
- Advising a digital asset exchange;
- Legal assistance in banking and finance litigation.
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
- Due diligence of existing properties and development projects under construction;
- Structuring real estate acquisition and sale transactions, including tax advice;
- Providing support for sale and purchase and other real estate transactions, including preparation of necessary documents, participation in negotiations, and closing of transactions;
- Representing landlords and tenants at all stages of drafting and executing lease agreements;
- Advising business center owners and management companies on drafting standard lease agreements, negotiating with tenants, managing and operating the properties, establishing easements, and developing other measures to secure the legal interests of property owners;
- Supporting development finance transactions;
- Drafting, executing, and supporting design, construction, and other works and services agreements necessary for the implementation of real estate construction or reconstruction projects, including applying various international forms of construction contracts in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Registration of property rights to real estate;
- Representing clients in courts at all instances, as well as in arbitration and arbitration proceedings;
- Tax audit/due diligence to identify tax risks and tax overpayments;
- Legal support during tax audits;
- Preparing objections to the act of tax audit and participation in consideration of the materials of the audit by the tax authorities;
- Appealing against the decision of the tax authorities to a higher tax authority and the court;
- Representation of the client's interests in all court instances;
- Support in recovering litigation expenses.
PERSONAL DATA AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
- Development of the personal data protection concept and elaboration of making recommendations on the optimization of the processes of processing and protection of information processing and protection;
- Development of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Development of a set of organizational and administrative documentation for the protection of personal data and trade secrets;
- Representation of interests in the course of audits by state authorities.
- Pre-trial dispute resolution, mediation with a view to a mutually satisfactory resolution of a dispute situation without recourse to the courts;
- Developing a position and advising on the prospects and strategy of litigation, taking into account further execution of judgments in the jurisdiction of interest;
- Representation in litigation and arbitration proceedings before courts of all instances;
- Representation in arbitration courts and international arbitration;
- Enforcement of arbitral awards and court judgments in Russia and support of enforcement proceedings;
- Protection of interests during inspections by state authorities as part of administrative and judicial proceedings.
CUSTOMS AND FOREIGN TRADE REGULATION
- Advising on all issues of customs regulation;
- Structuring of foreign trade transactions;
- Verification of customs and external economic transactions for compliance with legal requirements;
- Practical assistance to companies in recovering overpaid or overcharged customs payments;
- Appealing against decisions of customs authorities in departmental and/or judicial proceedings.
- User Agreement drafting;
- Drawing up software development agreements;
- Drawing up an agreement for the provision of IT services;
- Registration of IT company;
- Support in obtaining licenses and other documents of permissive nature.
- Development of local regulations, standard employment contracts, and HR documentation;
- Consulting on adaptation and implementation of internal policies of foreign companies in Uzbek subsidiaries;
- Consulting on the attraction of foreign labor force, support of migration registration, legal due diligence of permits and procedures for migration issues by employers;
- Auditing of HR records to identify and eliminate gaps to avoid penalties imposed by the controlling authorities;
- Ongoing support on employment law matters on a day-to-day basis and in the event of complex issues, including staff reductions, redundancies, and company liquidation;
- Protection of employers' interests during labor law compliance audits by authorized bodies, including labor inspectorates, prosecutor's offices, etc;
- Pre-trial settlement and representation in courts in labor and employment-related disputes.
Our company provides the following legal services in the field of e-commerce:
- Advice on e-commerce activities;
- Drafting of electronic commercial documents;
- Analysis of information and e-commerce documents.